DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Experience:  Mental Health Expert
55099014

Dear Doctor(specialized in bipolar conditions) I have a

Customer Question

Dear Doctor(specialized in bipolar conditions)

I have a situation with my daughter (29 years old).
My daughter was diagnosed with bipolar 8 years ago.
My question is either related to bipolar medication or who knows it is related to "what?"
My daughter is taking lithium (Lithium carbonate ER) 1800 mg and oxcarbazepine 900 mg. Since last November, she had trouble with regurgitation. I started reading about regurgitation and found that "Rumination Syndrome" describes the symptoms best.
Meanwhile, she had all the test for the stomach functions and everything was normal.
In the middle of January, her doctor prescribed deplin (15 mg) and then increased to 37.5mg now. Regurgitation stopped for a couple of weeks, but it did come back on and off. It is very uncomfortable and miserable for her. I know that her dosage is very high in lithium and other medication. Have you every run into this kind of conditions?
We want to find out what to be done.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Concerned Mom
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

DrPhilMD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

DrPhilMD :

please enter chat

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sachiko.

I noticed you had difficulty entering chat mode so I switched to Q and A format

Are you online to chat now?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Please click reply Sachiko