Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist

Hello, Doctor L I need you to help me with something. I think

Hello, Doctor L
I need you to help me with something. I think I found the fear that I really have. I am afraid of that girl copying me in clothes, personality, hobbies etc. But my GREATEST fear is that she will copy whatever I do & attach herself to whomever I care about, then outperform me and steal my friends and family. What can I do about this?

Dr. L : Hello,
Dr. L : I'm very glad that you have been able to determine what your greatest fear is about this other person! Hurrah!
Dr. L : And...I do understand that this is very, very frightening.
Dr. L : The first thing you can do about this is to realize that she has no real ability to attach herself to people you care about. Your friends and family are YOUR friends and family. They care and love you because you are you. If they happen to meet this other person it will be obvious to them that she is a copy-cat and then they will have to decide if they want to befriend her or not. You cannot stop people from making don't have that kind of control over others. However, if these truly are good friends and loving family they will be loyal to you and will never allow themselves to let go of your love and friendship.
Dr. L : I can only imagine how fearful this is to you. And I hope you can come to understand that your best defense against this copy-cat is to be yourself and to stop putting any energy into worrying about this other person. All your energy needs to be on you...your own health and development.
Dr. L : I hope this answer is helpful to you.

Dr. L :

are you there?

Dr. L :

I am here now.

Dr. L :

Would you like to chat?

I appreciate your help, but nothing has help me. Thank you!

I see that you have rated me poorly. Please reconsider. I have tried to help you and have worked hard to support you. I know that life is difficult for you and that this incident with the girl who copies you has traumatized you and made it very, very difficult for you to cope with life.
If you want to chat further...please let me know.