Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

How to tell her... Weve know each other since 1998. We got

How to tell her...

We’ve know each other since 1998.

We got married 8 years later on 2006.

We have 2 kids within 3 years after marry.

My wife stop working and became full time mother since my first girl borned. Everything seems to be ok until my daughter start going to preschool in 2012. She start untrust anybody, including her husband. She thing someone is following, so I install a car DVR on her car. She start looking at the recorded video try to find any suspect that she think there was one. Of course there is no evident. She think neighborhood are not friendly; maybe in connected with some suspect or some private investigator. In November 2012, she want to go to her parent’s house to stay for few months; to relax. I let the kids go and stay with her; even though I will miss them.

Six months later, she’s still with her parents’ house. She still think the private investigator is around her somewhere, and neighborhoods are in connected with the private investigator. She

Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Dear friend,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I believe that I can help.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Your seems to be suffering with a serious mental illness, a psychosis, called Delusional Disorder, Persecutory Type.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : She believes that she is being followed or stalked or investigated somehow, but these events have never happened. They are delusions. She things they are real but they are a creation of her mind, and they are controlling her life, and perhaps putting your children at risk.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I see that you are in the chat now.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Can you get her to see a psychiatrist?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : This is a serious disorder.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Does she have any other illness?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Is she taking any medications?
Customer: She does not have any other illness and is not taking any medications. She looks normal most of the time, one a while (1 week or 2), when her mood is not good or tired, will start react wier
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Because of the nature of this disorder if may be difficult for her to go to see a psychiatrist because she may think HE or SHE is also investigating her.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : People with Delusional Disorder seem otherwise normal EXCEPT for their delusion. They create something in their mind but believe it is real. It is not real, but just a delusion.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : However, if affects her life, and your children's lives as well.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Do you understand that she needs professional psychiatric treatment?
Customer: Exactly, and I don't think she's yet understand that most her believes are not exist; and she does not believe people anymore. This may already happen for a while, but I only realized the last 6 months because is become serious for the last 6 months
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : There is a book that can help you to get her to seek treatment.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : It is called:
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I Am Not Sick I Don't Need Help: How to Help Someone with Mental Illness Accept Treatment by Xavier Amador
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : and the link to buy it is here:
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : A new book is $50 but they have used ones for $16 and up.
Customer: I thought let her be with her parent and closer family member will help, but it doesn't (as I can see did not improve for the last 6 month). I will get and read the book
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : She does not use drugs, I assume.
Customer: no drug
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : It is a guide to help you to get her to get help.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I did not think so but I had to ask to be sure.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I will keep her and all of your family in my prayers.
Customer: will ear injury have anything to do with mental health? One time, 6 years ago, she got kick on ear by a patient
Customer: guess not, she lost very minor on hearing
Customer: thanks
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : It IS possible.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If it injured her brain it might be the reason. She should get a brain scan as well.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Here is an article about Delusional Disorder:
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Here is one article that states that some brain injuries can cause delusions.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I wish you great success.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I hope that this will help you to help your wife.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Is there anything else that I can help you with on this question?
Customer: No. Thanks for the info
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : You are most welcome. I wish you great success and God's protection.