Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

It has recently come to light that I am mentally abusive. I

Customer Question

It has recently come to light that I am mentally abusive. I just lost the person I love the most because she was afraid of me. She told me that I was controlling that she was afraid to contribute anything because of the fear of rejection. This makes me sick. Am I really an abusive person? What can I do to fix the situation and let her know what she truly meant to me?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Dear friend,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I believe that I can help.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : You seem to be offline now, but I will start off this chat by asking you a series of questions so that I can best understand your situation and help you. After that I will save and exit the chat and we can pick up on it. I can help you best if we can talk back and forth.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : You said that it recently came to light that you are mentally abusive? Who said it? Several people? What exactly does that mean?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Are you very critical of the woman who just left you? What exactly do you think you did to make her leave you? Please give as much detail as possible.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Has she given you any hope of getting back with you?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I believe that she doesn't want to hear what she means to you. If she feels disrespected, she will not care what you say because of your previous actions.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Those will have to change and you will have to show her, if she is available to you.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : This will take time for you to fix.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I am saving the chat now. You can get back to me and when I am available I shall pick it up.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Warm regards,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC