Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

How long does it usually take for antipsychotic medications

How long does it usually take for antipsychotic medications to prevent hallucinations and can they usually find something that will work long term?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Dear friend,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I believe that I can help.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Patients who take antipsychotic drugs should begin to feel better in six weeks or less, after starting to take them. For some, it can take several months before the full benefits are felt.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : They may try several different ones or a combination. Much of psychiatry is trial and error, because the internal chemistry of different individuals vary so much.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I urge you to look at this website (from Australia) that offers a great deal of general insight on antipsychotic medicines.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : AND THIS ONE FROM THE UK, which is more comprehensive:
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : It is said that often a patient can be taken off the drug for many months, but there is often a relapse. It depends on the original condition and other environmental factors. (Stressors).
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If there is any way in which I can be of further assistance on this question, don't hesitate to get back to me.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Warm regards XXXXX XXXXX prayers,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Elliott