Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

A have a daughter that was admitted by 1013 on 5/11/13 for

A have a daughter that was admitted by 1013 on 5/11/13 for suicidal thoughts/ bipolar. she has been there 5 days. My husband and I did a family meeting on Friday 5/18/13. They told us she would get discharged the next day (Sat). They told us discharge is after 4pm. I rearranged my schedule to pick her up. I called all day to find out what time she would be released...nurse stated wasn't sure what time doctor would be in. Called at 7pm spoke with a nurse,stated the Dr was in the building on the children's unit and would be on adult unit soon. So I said well will it be okay to come up now,since she would probably be on the adult unit by time I get there. Okay...get discharge. Daughter called me on cell and stated on call doctor did not see her or the other lady to be release. Doctor left without assessing patient. Now one of the meds she takes at night is Geodon which causes her to sleep for extended hours. Staff and doctor was advised of this but did not change. Now it is Sunday,doctor assessed and stated she was confused and evasive and didn't feel she was ready for discharge. I am very frustrated at this point. They released the other lady the next day after she contacted her attorney. They laughed in my daughter's face and told her she couldn't go home. I requested an Administrator to call me. They said she didn't feel comfortable talking to me. If her regular doctor felt she was okay to be discharge and she wasn't assessed the next day. I feel the purposely held my daughter because they advised I would report the people that drooped the ball on this discharged. I also feel it is retaliation after reporting an incident with a male MHA opening the door on my daughter showering and after she told him she would come right out, he stood their watching her a couple of minutes. Other women also complained about this particular employee. I feel like they are trying to agitate and get her upset to keep her there. I feel she had a right to be upset after packing all her clothes,waiting patiently to leave until 9pm and told you will be released on tomorrow or Monday....that is a natural response to disappointing news. What can I do? What are her/our rights?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Dear friends,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Of course this is outrageous and may not even be legal. Your daughter has also been sexually abused by a voyeur and it seems that there have been several rights violations.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If I were in your position I would try to get hold of my attorney even today, Sunday, and ask him to go down there with you and threaten them legally and get your daughter released.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If you cannot do that, I would go to the police and report that your daughter is being held and is being subject to sexual abuse.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : You have tried a more reasonable approach and they seem to be trying to punish you.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If you cannot get legal help today then you must do your best to get help in the morning.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : I wish I could do something to help you right now. There are may of us in mental health who care and would resist this type of horrific and counter-therapeutic treatment of your daughter.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Hopefully you can get her out soon and launch a huge lawsuit against these careless so-called professionals who do not demonstrate the least bit of empathy, professionalism, or even courtesy.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : If I can help you in any way, please get back to me.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : My prayers are with your daughter and with your family.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Warm regards,
Elliott, LPCC, NCC : Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much! I will follow up in the morning in regards XXXXX XXXXX situation.
Dear Tanya,

May God protect your daughter and your family. She will be out soon in any regards XXXXX XXXXX am sure you won't go near this facility again.

Warm regards,