Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Hi, i do have a problem since i got married with my ex wife,

Customer Question

Hi, i do have a problem since i got married with my ex wife, in my second year of the college, and i observed that she used to comment a lot on my way and technique how i do study this or that, and since then i am having an issue when i wanna study any book i just got locked and having doubt that my technique is wrong, is that OCD and how can i get rid off. thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 3 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist : Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).
Rafael M.T.Therapist : I am sorry to know you have been enduring this problem for this long. The specific problem you depicted does show that you may suffer of an anxiety disorder, and if you find intrusive and obsessive thoughts tormenting you about your ability and way to study, or do things, leading you to compensatory behaviors, where you try to make sure you do the right things, or things in more effective ways, then you could be right that this could be about OCD.
I see you rated initial input, what closed the chat session. I imagine you were not aware of it, and that's why I am replying from this other option. Please feel free to interact with me via messages. I will complete my answer in the following minutes, but hope you could reply and inetract as needed.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry about that i am new to this site, so you told me it cold be an OCD how can i resolve it, if you can help with that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
are you there
I see you are taking very powerful psychiatric drugs for depression nd anxiety, but you did not comment anything about working n your rehabilitation process from either condition,a nd if you have been facing this frustrating problem from college, then it seems absolutely essential for you to look for psychotherapeutic treatment for every depressive and anxiety disorder you may have, in order to truly rehabilitate from them. There is no psychiatric drug that could cure and eradicate depression or anxiety disorders, it is only through consistent and effective psychotherapeutic-behavioral work that people could rehabilitate from these disorders and get stable mood, good functioning and a fulfilling life without being undermined by these conditions.

We believe people develop these disorders most times because there is a genetic predisposition, and concrete life experiences leading to their development, most times triggered by life stressors, like it seems it was the experience you had with your ex wife years ago. Psychotherapy would allow you to work on reducing and eradicating the psycho-emotional impact such experiences had on you, and the way you cope with and experience anxiety - stress and any other destructive feeling.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i got you, do you recommend hypnotherapy,or cognitive therapy
I do recommend integral psychotherapy, (psychotherapy with an integral approach), what would include a professional with expertise in diverse therapeutic approaches, including Cognitive-emotional therapy, humanistic approaches and other modalities, which could include hypnotherapy.

I want to make clear that hypnotherapy is the therapeutic implementation of hypnosis by a mental health professional, and not just the use of hypnotic techniques by a non-professional person with a certificate in hypnosis. Hypnotherapy is psychotherapy empowered and implemented through the use of specific techniques by a competent professional, and it would not and should not lead to the believe, that the person adopts a passive role while the therapist resolves or cures an issue-condition. Effective psychotherapy just promotes the whole therapeutic process and work the client does with professional facilitation.

This I recommend you to look for a competent professional psychotherapist, with an integral approach and expertise in diverse therapeutic modalities, with experience in both anxiety and depressive disorders.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you recommend anyone in NYC area
I am sorry but I have nobody to refer in that area. I suggest you to contact at least three different psychotherapists, meeting previous competence criteria in order to get a first impression about their experience, availability and willingness to support you. Sadly when it is about mental health, most people do have a tough time finding competent and ethical, mentally healthy professionals, and that's why I recommend making several phone calls after reviewing profiles online, and interviewing face-to-face at least 2 to 3, before trying with one professional. It would be only though direct experience that you would confirm how competent or not such professional happens to be. offers directories with professionals in different areas in the States. It could be worthy to review it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Alright, Thanks alot for your time and answers, have a good night
You're very welcome. Thank you for your trust. Good night.