Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I have employee that cant communicate. shes introvert to

I have employee that can't communicate. she's introvert to the extreme. prefers to use email. get near her cubicle, she starts to talk to herself or hum, get a distance away, she stops. when she leaves my office, she almost runs back to her cubicle, always walks with arms crossed or stiffly at sides. 2day, I told her a coworker of hers fell and broke her shoulder in 3 places and scratched her face. her response was "too bad". asked nothing in return. but i know she likes coworkenother co-worker told her they will have to help cover her tasks. returning from the mail room, she to just lay work on her desk. the co-worker asked her, "who is going to open those envelopes and take care of the the bills? like she not connecting. when asked a question, she will always knit her eyebrows as if she doesn't understand and say "What"? making everyone repeat the ? .. 1st thought language problem bcuz she's Asian but in US since little. Asperger's?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You have, in most likelihood, correctly identified this woman as having Asperger's Disorder. Her lack of communication, her social anxiety, her lack of empathy (for injured coworker), her lack of focus (needing instructions to be repeated) and her gait and posture are all tell-tale symptoms.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Gait abnormalities have been widely reported in individuals with autism and Asperger's disorder. Furthermore they show abnormal arm posturing. These odd movements and postures are associated with the basal-ganglia frontostriatal region of the cerebellum.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I hope that this answers your question. If you have any follow up questions please feel free to get back to me.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Another clue may be the difficulty of making eye contact which is often but not always the case. She could be high-functioning and very intelligent but still have this disorder.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC