Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Hello, I take Ambien CR 6.25 nightly for 3 weeks now. I took one this morning at 6:30 am b

Hello, I take Ambien CR 6.25 nightly for 3 weeks now. I took one this morning at 6:30 am by accident instead of my anti depressant (pristiq 50mg), I am feeling horrible and wonder how long till this wears off. I would like to know if I can safely take my Ambien 6.25 CR again tonight to get to sleep?

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

So you did not take pristiq when you had taken ambien cr 6.25 mg in the morning ?

How much time has elapsed since you have taken ambien cr in the morning ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my query.

Regards..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the system was down yesterday when I needed the answer, but since I already paid I am hoping I can feel assisted by asking another question.

I have been taking Pristiq 50mg for a month and 2 days, i continue to feel very jittery throughout the day and have negative ruminating thoughts for most parts of most days unless I take xanax .25 or go for a run. Should I be feeling close to my old self after a month of pristiq? Especially when I have been exercising almost daily, eating healthy, seeing a therapist, and working on positive thoughts...I am wondering if this slow progress is normal or if the meds are not really helping.

Thanks for the inputs.

Well in a month or so of starting on pristiq one can only expect as much as 25-40 % improvement in one's underlying depressive symptoms , if this is the case with you then I reckon you are responding well to this drug and it is only natural for the body to improve gradually this way since it takes a while , say 3-4 weeks for pristiq to start acting to it's full potential in the system.

So in one month no one can feel like the old asymptomatic self , it is a gradual improvement curve that is seen with the anti depressants including pristiq , so if you have improved as per the above mentioned percentage then I reckon you are on the right path to recovery and should stick to the drug.

Yes a further raise in the dose of pristiq ( possibly doubling the current dose ) can be discussed with the doctor so as to reap more benefits.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer so that I can be credited for my service.

Regards..