Schuyler - ANP
Schuyler - ANP, Nurse
Experience:  Adult Nurse Practitioner, MSN, private practice and hospitalist experience

I had gone the therapy a few years ago. OKMH512211

Customer Question

I had gone the therapy a few years ago. I have no health insurance so I've been trying to "tough it out" but as you can imagine the results have been laughable at best. A google search for local low cost mental health has given little results. Is there anywhere in the Piscataway/ Central NJ area you'd be able to suggest?

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Schuyler - ANP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to try to help you.

There are free clinics for people who don't have health insurance. You will find some in the lists below, but there may be more in your local telephone directory, since many local clinics do not make the national lists. Medical providers there can provide prescriptions for medication and refer to free or low-cost counseling services. Each would have its own financial requirements. We cannot recommend any one particular practice.

Here is a list of mental health clinics specifically for the Piscataway area. They aren't advertised as being "free."

Best regards,