Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I hope that you can assist me. I have a very stressful job

I hope that you can assist me. I have a very stressful job and i am also studying. I find that i am extremely irritable and overwhelmed. I even cry for no apparent reason. I have also experienced pain in the front of the neck. It feels like the muscles and nerves in the neck area are swollen, resulting in aching temples and a headache. Do I need to consult with a Neurologist or is there anything else that can assist me. PG
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know how overwhelmed you have been feeling, and about your current physical pain.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The first thing I want to say is that whenever you experience physical symptoms like this one, you need to consult with your primary care physician in order to find out if there is any potential medical problem creating this symptom. You have already consulted with an urologist, and that was fine, but you need to be evaluated for any problem at other health areas.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Now, commenting on the psychoemotional symptoms you described, namely: high stress level, extreme irritable mood, crying without apparent reason, and basically feeling emotionally overwhelmed, these symptoms could easily show that you hay be suffering of depression and anxiety disorders, since all these symptoms are commonly present when people develop these challenging disorders.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Both, anxiety and depression could create somatic (physical) problems - symptoms, including muscular pain, headaches and many others. This does happen when the person feels overwhelmed by negative feelings and emotions that finds unable to cope with, and presents increased sensitivity leading to the physical expression of these psychological and emotional states.when that's the case, no physical treatment nor drugs could resolve the physical problems, but only addressing the mental and emotional issues behind them. because of this my second suggestion is for you to look for a professional psychotherapist to assess your mental -emotional health status and to provide necessary psychotherapy for you to rehabilitate from these disorders.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Please feel free to contact me for any further clarification or support. Thank you.