DrThomasMD
DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.
24257177

my granddaughter has been taking effexorxrxr 37m once a day

my granddaughter has been taking effexorxrxr 37m once a day for 5 days and is having terrible side effects. Her psychiatrist has not been responding to her phone calls.What should she do?
Hello from JA
You did not mention what side effects.

Sometimes initial problems will resolve, but if the side effects are terrible, since it takes 3 weeks to work in most cases anyway, it will not hurt to stop until you get the doctor.

If symptoms are severe, she should go to the ER, they will have a way to get ahold of the doc in most cases.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.