DrToni, Psychologist
Experience:  I am a licensed Psychologist in New York State. I have been doing clinical work and research since 2005.

my son is 13 years old and cries easily when disappointed about

Customer Question

my son is 13 years old and cries easily when disappointed about the most simple things like not being able to go to a friends house. what do i do?!?!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrToni replied 3 years ago.

DrToni :

Hi, I would like to help you with your question. This sounds frustrating for you to have to see and not know how to address as this child's parent. Have you brought him to a psychologist for an evaluation? That might be helpful. The problem is that he is easily frustrated. Emotion dysregulation can be a sign of various problems like ADHD, Major Depressive Disorder, etc. This is just one symptom. It will be helpful to see what other symptoms you are noticing. It will also be helpful to see if this is happening in different settings (e.g. home and school). Treatment might help your son learn to deal with distress and learn effective coping mechanisms.

DrToni :

I hope that you found this answer helpful. Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need any further assistance. I hope that you and your son can begin to address this.

DrToni : Hello. I have not received any feedback from you Would you like any additional information? If not, please kindly rate my service. Regards, Dr Toni