Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Ive been on Cymbalta for 1 1/2 years after my husband and

I've been on Cymbalta for 1 1/2 years after my husband and I split - then I went to Thailand and with 30 days in the sun was able to get off it - so its 3 months now - I'm feeling low - should I go back on it or just keep excersing and fighting this thing - I know my Father suffered from depression. I don't want to live on drugs - I'm 65 and healthy, fit and looking for a sexy man. It's hard at my age - they all look like my grandfather and I need the touchy feely thing. I'm in Vancouver - 14 to one women here -so should I go back on the drug or not. Looie from the rainy city. Its sunny today.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear Looie,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You have done so well without the Cymbalta. Keep fighting it with plenty of exercise. You can join a gym with a pool and may be able to do your excercise there, and perhaps meet a man who thinks all women around his age look like his grandmother - until he meets you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Exercise (correction)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If, despite your best efforts, you start sinking into that hole of depression, you can then consider Cymbalta (or another antidepressant such as Wellbutrin/buprion which does not cause weight gain nor does it lower libido).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success. Keep working out and perhaps things will work out for you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my thoughts.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Dr. Elliott - I will keep trying with the exercise - how long to people stay on Cymbalta - I'm sure its not good for me - all the other drugs they tried on me but didn't work - too strong.
Thanks for caring. My own Dr. wants me off it - but I feel very emotional off it. Sharon

Dear XXXXX,

If it is helping you and you cannot stop that emotional feeling which is making it hard for you to function normally, then you could either try the Wellbutrin (bupropion) that I recommended earlier, or returnt to the Cymbalta which is not a weak drug.

Speak to your physician and talk over the options with him. You need to feel like yourself, and if you can achieve that feeling of well-being only with the Cymbalta, then ask him to restore it to you.

I shall continue to keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott