RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

what kind of disorder do I have, when every time I go out in

what kind of disorder do I have, when every time I go out in public like walmart, or anyplace there is a lot of people I start to feel very nervous, and anxious, my heart rate speeds up. The back of my neck and the muscle along my right shoulder blade gets very tight. I will also start having trouble breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain. I am at my wits end here. I know I have issues and something is not right with me. please help me

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about all these symptoms you have been experiencing at different social settings.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The symptoms you described matched what is known as panic like symptoms. Panic disorder is a disorder where anxiety gets truly overwhelming to the point the person somatizes - expresses in his-her body what feels in his-her mind and emotions.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The person could truly believe and feel like having a heart attack, getting insane, going to die, terrified by fear, and many other emotional and somatic sensations - symptoms.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Panic disorder develop when the person has been holding in negative feelings like intense fears, frustration, hopelessness or any other painful feelings, and feels unable to cope with them, what leads to these emotions to get deeper and stronger, then the person's psyche and body develop panic like symptoms, and even attacks as a way to get some type of relief from those overwhelming feelings, and as a way to avoid further exposure to what the person considers as too stressful and threatening.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please do look as soon as possible for a professional psychotherapist to assess you and determine if you suffer of a social phobia, panic disorder or any other anxiety disorder, for you to get support on working on your rehabilitation process with therapeutic support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Customer:

thank you for explaining some of the things that are happening to me, I found this helpful and will use the info when talking to a psychiatrist or doctor whichever I can find in my small town of Leesville LA.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. Please take into account that psychiatric drugs cannot rehabilitate you from any of these disorders but mostly numb some symptoms. You have already been taking very powerful drugs and as you can see, these overwhelming symptoms remain. Please look for professional psychotherapy support in order to work on your rehabilitation process.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust.