Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Hello, I want to know weather or not I need to see a therapist.

I want to know weather or not I need to see a therapist.
Ive never seen one before

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am glad to know you have taken this initiative to find out if you would benefit from psychotherapy.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am here to answer your questions about it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I use to say that the same way we all need to get medical support from experts when facing any physical health problem or concern, we also need of professional support around any mental, emotional or life related issues or challenge, when we find it difficult to cope with them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

When the person feels depressed, undergoing anxiety or just very stressed because of job, family, health or any other responsibility or challenge, counseling and psychotherapy could become unique sources of effective support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please tell me about your specific motivation to consider meeting a therapist?

Customer: I feel the last couple of years I've become a lot less confident.
Customer: I think too much what people think of me
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then it's been an ongoing problem for this long.

Customer: I carry so much guilt
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Confidence and self-esteem issues use to depend on the person's sense of self-worthiness, which depends on personality and life experiences leading us to feel more or less at easy when facing life stressors and problems.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to hear it's been this hard for you for the past two years.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What happened for you to become this less confident person, and for you to experience this much guilt?

Customer: 5 years ago my husband and I moved abroad to Hk.
Customer: We both made friends however when I'm around these people it make me feel really inferior
Customer: I'm a university drop out. A lot of my friends are lawyers and doctors.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then it's been since this relocation and change of life at different levels that you have experienced adjustment problems and felt unable to cope with these changes. Then it seems clear to me that you would significantly benefit from and need psychotherapeutic support, since all these concerns are serious enough and have been affecting your life for too long.

Customer: I feel a lot of guilt because my husband and I had a baby 5 months ago. We are ready to move either to Australia where I'm from or us where my husband is from. We are both getting pressured by each sides.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then there is now these two significant responsibilities you are facing, taking care of your baby and deciding where to continue building your lives as a family. This could become overwhelming for many people in your shoes.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You both need to carefully assess your core priorities, needs and expectations as a couple-family, and for that each of you as individuals need to feel fine and comfortable enough with yourselves in order to be able to share and build a mutually fulfilling and healthy experience for all of you. This is why individual psychotherapy seems to be a wise option for you to work on getting your power and stability back, in order to work with your husband on taking good care of your lives.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

People could easily develop depression and anxiety related disorders when unable to cope with life challenges or changes, what would not only deteriorate mood, but functioning, relationships, ability to take good care of self, loved a=ones and of other life responsibilities, then it is essential to take action and get necessary support to rehabilitate from such conditions.

Customer: It does make sense. Sorry if its taking a while to answer. I'm feeding baby
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

No problem at all

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Your baby is a blessing in your lives, and this is one core reason for you to take good care of yourself, you need and deserve it as well as your baby and husband. They need you healthy, confident and happy, since their own happiness and well-being depend on yours.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to ask any other questions when possible if you want, since I am here to support you. I truly recommend you to look for psychotherapeutic support without further delay. Thank you for your trust.

Customer: Thanks Rafael!! I'll definitely look in to seeing one.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Sounds good. You're very welcome.