Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

IM seeing a woman who just recently wrote you about me.We

I'M seeing a woman who just recently wrote you about me.We have been in a relationship since july29.Iam going through and it was known to Her it just so happens that its going on and on through flat of my own.Our problem his She is not being totally honest in her questions. We have this discussion of giving Her5 more which i do when i stay at her apartment i am asked to stay if She request me to go home i doShe now is calling me a stalker which is over the top I'm not we have had a wonderful
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your problem.

There is no way for anyone here to know who your girlfriend is and why she wrote Just Answer. Each question is answered by whatever expert is available and unless the person chooses to reveal their identity, no one knows who the person is they are answering. Sorry about that.

Can you tell me a bit more about your situation so I can help?

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the Woman name isXXXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the information above is all i have do u want me to reveal her name?

Thank you for the information. But unless the person writing chooses to tell the experts here who they are when they post their question, we have no way to match the name up to a question. The person is usually assigned a Just Answer ID unless they use a screen name. And even then it is hard to know what expert answered the question.

If you can tell me a bit more about why you have written I can try to help you.

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well I'm not asking her can u suggest to me what i can do she claims in not giving her enough room but we had a conversation about that month ago which seemed to help now we are going over all the past issuers and these issuers come up in all our disagreements?i'm lost here i don't know how to satisfy her wishes

Thank you for the additional information.

It sounds like your girlfriend is asking for more time on her own. It may be that she feels the need for more alone time or she wants to spend time with friends and/or family. If your girlfriend has been on her own for a while, she might already have established friendships and feels they are special to her. So it might be important to her to spend time alone with her friends. That does not mean she doesn't like you. It just means she enjoys her other relationships as well as the one she has with you.

It might be helpful to your relationship if you put your girlfriend's needs first. So if she does ask for more time on her own or wants to go out with friends, let her. That time alone may help her recharge and she will feel much better about spending time with you. Also, try to respect her wishes. As long as she is faithful to you and your relationship is fine, she is not going to hurt you by spending some time on her own.

You might want to use the time your girlfriend is away with her friends or family to develop some interests of your own. That way, when the two of you are together, you have many things to share with each other. And relationships where both people have interests outside of the relationship are healthier because each person develops as an individual rather than relying on each other for their needs.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats the problem she no social life has been divorced for over twenty She has said to me a number of times that before we met She was a hermit not going out at all my time away from Her is with a part time job so i have limited time to spend with her asked me over to stay and i always ask are you sure you want me to stay she says yes please stay now She wrote you stating that I'm to much I'm very confused with Her

It may help to just check in with her each time the two of you make arrangements. If she says to stay with her, ask her for how long. If she changes her mind then tries to say you stayed too long, then repeat what she told you. And if she told you up front she likes to stay in then you know to expect that. If you don't like staying in, then go out on your own. As long as you stay faithful to the relationship, then it is fine to go on your own. There needs to be some sort of compromise so both of you can get your needs met.

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats the problem i am sticking with her we have a great time together but every once and a while she gets these crazy idea that I'm closing in on her?When she changes her mind she denies saying what she said

It might help to check in with her to see how she is feeling. If you are having a good time, then during that time, ask her "Are you still ok with this?". And ask her to tell you when she needs time to herself. The only way to resolve this is if you both can reach a compromise through communicating with each other.

Kate

Please don't forget to rate my service as OK or higher so I am credited for my answer. Thanks so much!
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thats another She refuses to talk face to face I'm thinking just to end it its causeing me much stress and i have some health problems so i think its over

You could do that if you feel it is best. But try the suggestions we already talked about to see if they work, if you feel it is worth it.

I wish you the best,

Kate
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

You're welcome. Take care.

Kate