Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

RA-HCH

Customer Question

I am not happy most of the time, however, I don't know if it's my current living situation, depression, or hormones (as I am 40)
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 1 year ago.

Dr Vikas :

Hello, I am Dr Vikas (M.D Psychiatry)and I’ll try to help you.

Customer :

hello

Dr Vikas :

Have you consulted a doctor for this

Dr Vikas :

tried any medicines?

Customer :

I have talked to a general doctor who has asked me to keep a calendar, as to determine if it is bc of my period

Customer :

i am on klonipon and vibryyd

Dr Vikas :

May I know about the dose of these medicines you are currently taking?

Customer :

1mg of klonipin although im only supposed to take .5 as needed...i usually take 1 a day and 20mg of vybrrd

Dr Vikas :

OK, but you still feel that you are depressed. Have you tried the higher dose of Viibryd?

Customer :

i;ve tried 40 off and on. but i fight with my gf alot and she says that i seem unhappy all the time and that its making her unhappy

Dr Vikas :

The usual dose range is from 20 -40 mg and those patients who are not responding to 20 mg respond well to 40 mg per day.

Customer :

so now i feel guilty for her feeling like my unhappiness is her fault ..which is totally codependent i know

Customer :

everyone is responsible for their own happiness...i know this and have told her that

Dr Vikas :

I can understand and I agree with you totally in this.

Dr Vikas :

Have you ever tried Psychotherapy specially Cognitive Behavior Therapy.

Dr Vikas :

because, CBT can be more helpful in comparison to medicines in your case in my view.

Dr Vikas :

Cognitive Behavior Therapy can bring long lasting benefit in your thinking pattern and the resultant depression and negativity.

Customer :

no i have not.....but i have alot of ocd issues and anxiety...constantly worring, feeling guilty about the past and present, skin picking

Dr Vikas :

well, in that case, you should try CBT in my view.

Dr Vikas :

would you like to try online CBT from your home.

Customer :

yes...how would that work?

Dr Vikas :

well, there is website where you can try free online CBT

Customer :

i love my gf but our relationship started off rocky and we both suck at expressing ourselves properly and not being codependent

Customer :

i just want to take a long nap and start over

Dr Vikas :

What is CBT?

Customer :

what is the website...bc i cry all the time and i'm angry alot

Dr Vikas :

OK, here is the link where you can know more about CBT

Dr Vikas :

I am giving you the link to that website now

Dr Vikas :

I think, CBT in combination with medicine should be very helpful specially in your case.

Dr Vikas :

are you able to see the website?

Customer :

yes

Dr Vikas :

OK, just try it and hopefully you will notice a great improvement very shortly in your symptoms and thinking pattern.

Customer :

how do i sign up for it online?

Dr Vikas :

you can see the button, Register now, public sign up

Dr Vikas :

just click it and register yourself.

Dr Vikas :

there is one more website

Customer :

ok...it is free?

Customer :

how do i get through the next weeks

Dr Vikas :

MoodGYM: Welcome

Dr Vikas :

I guess it is free for public. :)

Dr Vikas :

Do I need to pay to use MoodGYM?

No, MoodGYM is provided free of charge to the public.

Dr Vikas :

I see, you are trying to rate my answer and close the chat?

Dr Vikas :

are you satisfied with my answer?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

somewhat...

Dr Vikas :

do you have any other question to ask?

Customer :

it didnt releive my anxiety as much as i would have liked...i feel like this is more of a referral than a chat

Dr Vikas :

May I know what exactly you want to know or how I can help you more?

Customer :

i just need to know if i should leave my gf or not....is it hurting her or hurting me to stay

Customer :

?

Customer :

please close chat

Customer :

if u want to get credit for this close chat

Customer :

hello

Customer :

this sucks