DrThomasMD, Doctor
Experience:  MD, BA psychology, Emphasis on addictions, depression, anxiety, ADHD, etc.

I have been bipolar all my life. Since about 1995 I have been

I have been bipolar all my life. Since about 1995 I have been on bipolar meds such as lithium, resperadol, and Seroquel, and others. Right now I am just on lithium. I have a new psychiatrist aileen Higgins. I am in radio broadcasting school. I am getting a lot of A's on my work. It is a lot of work but I have been reading out loud since 2nd grade, and I have postponed school 40 years while I raised my children. These new changes are scary and some people do not want me to succeed. I guess I am looking for a positive response from you.
Hello from JA
What is your exact qeustion for us?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I was at Aurora Mental Health they let me choose to withdraw from the Seroquel and resperadol. They must have had a reason for doing that. You work with a lot of people. I used to be really mentally bad. I am scared to be in school and in my home with my sons. I was looking for someone to say things will be OK on lithium only now. People can improve????? I don't want more drugs. I'm sorry for writing you but I am happy now. I get A's in school. Aurora Mental Health painted a depressing life for a bipolar person, but I am better now. I keep a record of my activities every day. I have to be careful. I guess I wanted you to tell me that bipolar people can be somebody, have a job, and help others. I have been on lithium only since March 2012. Kay Hayden-Summerton

In fact lithium is still probably the best drug for bi polar and most often does not need drugs with it.

As long as you tolerate lithium and it is effective, it is actually preferable to use it as a single agent.

As long as you are seeing your doctors for follow up, then this is adequate therapy.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.