TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Is it possible for me to find a psychologist who can help me

Is it possible for me to find a psychologist who can help me online without having to go to their office. I was under the care of a psychiatrist for a while and haven't been for a long time but I think I have fallen off track and confused and unsure as to how to get help. I have tried to find my doctor but I think she may have retired.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Yes it is possible to find a therapist on line to help you. They cannot diagnose you (it is unethical to do so for any therapist unless they see you face to face) but they can help you talk through your problems and help you find solutions.

To find a therapist on line, you just need to Google "On Line Therapy" or "On line Therapists" in order to find the right sites. Many sites offer initial consultations for free or they offer coupons for you to try their site. You can talk to a therapist on line through chat, phone or Skype on some sites. You may also try out therapists until you find one that meets your needs.

I hope this has helped you,