Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field

I stopped Klonopin abruptly mid 2011 and have been a complete

Customer Question

I stopped Klonopin abruptly mid 2011 and have been a complete basket case ever since is there any hope now?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 1 year ago.

pennyrayasMFT :

Hello there and thanks for asking JA. I wonder what symptoms you are experiencing? Yes anxiety disorders are very treatable.

pennyrayasMFT :

I understand that Klonopin works to reduce anxiety but behavioral methods will help you learn how to reduce and elimilate anxiety by learning how to cope with it.

pennyrayasMFT :

Have you seen a therapist who has tried some Cognitive Behavioral Skills?

pennyrayasMFT :

Do you ever remember yourself to be free of anxiety since you stopped taking Klonopin?

pennyrayasMFT :

Let me know if you would like me to help or if you are looking for a psychiatrist I can opt out. I have about 20 years of experiencce help people recover from anxiety

Customer :

I thought you were a psychiatrist I need a psychiatrist this is brutal

Customer :

anxiety is tenfold from when I stopped the klonopin

pennyrayasMFT :

I opted out so a psychiatrist could talk to you. Good luck.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is Camille and I’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. ..or because they have to go off line for any number of reasons. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.

Camille

Hello there I am sorry about your dissapointed with my service. I got sick and have been out for a few days. I have a suggestion. Most Cities have a county mental health program that is free of charge or low fee. Most emergency psychiatic service # are in your phonebook. Give them a call and tell them that you are feeling very anxious and you don't have # to pay for your treatment. You can find # under your white and yellow pages. If you give me the city you live in I can do the rearch for you and give you the #. If you feel that this is psychiatric emergency pleace go to your local hospital or call 911. The hospital will help you apply for services that are free or low fee.