Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
59700337

I stopped Klonopin abruptly mid 2011 and have been a complete

Customer Question

I stopped Klonopin abruptly mid 2011 and have been a complete basket case ever since is there any hope now?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 4 years ago.

pennyrayasMFT :

Hello there and thanks for asking JA. I wonder what symptoms you are experiencing? Yes anxiety disorders are very treatable.

pennyrayasMFT :

I understand that Klonopin works to reduce anxiety but behavioral methods will help you learn how to reduce and elimilate anxiety by learning how to cope with it.

pennyrayasMFT :

Have you seen a therapist who has tried some Cognitive Behavioral Skills?

pennyrayasMFT :

Do you ever remember yourself to be free of anxiety since you stopped taking Klonopin?

pennyrayasMFT :

Let me know if you would like me to help or if you are looking for a psychiatrist I can opt out. I have about 20 years of experiencce help people recover from anxiety

JACUSTOMER-bf21lf0c- :

I thought you were a psychiatrist I need a psychiatrist this is brutal

JACUSTOMER-bf21lf0c- :

anxiety is tenfold from when I stopped the klonopin

pennyrayasMFT :

I opted out so a psychiatrist could talk to you. Good luck.

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 3 years ago.

My name is Camille and I’m the moderator for this topic. I am sorry, but It seems that the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. ..or because they have to go off line for any number of reasons. But don’t worry….. If you are still waiting for an answer, I will try to find a new professional to assist you! Please keep in mind that sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. All of our professionals come on at varying times, so sometimes it’s a bit difficult to predict. Either way....If you would prefer not to wait, please feel free to let me know, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you.

Camille

Expert:  Penny Rayas, MFT replied 3 years ago.
Hello there I am sorry about your dissapointed with my service. I got sick and have been out for a few days. I have a suggestion. Most Cities have a county mental health program that is free of charge or low fee. Most emergency psychiatic service # are in your phonebook. Give them a call and tell them that you are feeling very anxious and you don't have # to pay for your treatment. You can find # under your white and yellow pages. If you give me the city you live in I can do the rearch for you and give you the #. If you feel that this is psychiatric emergency pleace go to your local hospital or call 911. The hospital will help you apply for services that are free or low fee.