Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Im seeing things that are not there and Imrelly bad anxiety

Customer Question

I'm seeing things that are not there and I'mrelly bad anxiety and having panic attacks and night terriers I'm on antyphcoticts but fell thy don't work and don't really like my nurse or consultant I think thy think I'm making it up ??
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 3 years ago.
Dear friend,
I believe that I can help.
I understand how frightening this is for you. It sounds as if you are suffering from a strong form of anxiety called Panic Disorder.
Panic disorder can result in having auditory hallucinations and delusions, particularly when you are having the attacks. These are psychotic side effects but you are not psychotic.
Nevertheless you are being given antipsychotic medications which are not helping, because you are suffering from an anxiety disorder (Panic Disorder) and not a psychotic disorder.
The best treatment for this are a combination of benzodiazepines and SSRIs.
Please tell this to your doctor and give them the following website from the US National Institute of Health which will explain this to them.
You need different medications and they should investigate this immediately and change your therapy, in my estimation.
Here is the website:
I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers.
Warm regards,