Penny Rayas, MFT
Penny Rayas, MFT, Therapist
Experience:  I have 20 years experience in the mental health field
59700337

What do you feel is the psychology behind crossdressing/transvestism/transgenderism

What do you feel is the psychology behind crossdressing/transvestism/transgenderism and just wanting to look and feel like a woman by getting all dolled up?

pennyrayasMFT :

I see that you are still questioning this.

pennyrayasMFT :

It looks like this is causing your some distress.

pennyrayasMFT :

how are you today

pennyrayasMFT :

here are some resources online support groups for you

pennyrayasMFT :

I think for many crossdressers they have always tell me that they felt that they were born in the wrong body

pennyrayasMFT :

most of my clients tell me when their were 4 or 5 they had thoughs that the oposite sex genitals would appear for them and they would be their real gender.

pennyrayasMFT :

I think for many those thoughts are natural and they know who they are but society pushes them into conforming

pennyrayasMFT :

If you give me the town you live in I can do a search for you and find a therapist who can help you with the anxiety that you are experiencing.

Customer:

Its always been a drem of mine to have big boobs and an hourglass figure! Now that I have that what else is there?

pennyrayasMFT :

Well now you can have another dream, living happy as a woman and figure out what is next. I understand that when we all compleate a goal we have for a long time then life feels empty. You will find your next step I am pretty sure that you will have another goals. I have a feeling forming relationships and relationships with others who are supportive will help. Also figuring out what it means to you to be a woman leave like woman. I guess you have to find out what is next for you. Maybe educating others and helping transgendered youth to understand themselves will be one goal.

pennyrayasMFT :

Find your own happiness even with your relatives or friends do not accept you for you you are, learning how to love yourself.