Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

I have a constant problem with worrying, I worry about everything

I have a constant problem with worrying, I worry about everything from my husband, my child to if people like me or are mad at me. It's not a once in a while thing...I spend most of my day worrying about everything. My husband tells me I work to much, but when I'm busy at work I tend not to think of all the stuff I'm worried about. I feel like I can't enjoy my life because ALL I do is worry! Could I have some sort of disorder?

What you're describing sounds like GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) It is common and treatable both with therapy and medication.

You may want to take this online screening test and then familiarize yourself with the condition. There may be free support groups in your area through nami.org

test site -
http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/ask-and-learn/screenings/screening-generalized-anxiety-disorder-gad

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think seeing a psychologist would help?

Yes, absolutely.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks! I've been dealing with this for a few years...everyone tells me I worry way to much but I just ignored it.

Sure thing, I think it definitely sounds like GAD. Sometimes it can be connected to underlined depression as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Went to the Dr and they are gonna try wellbutrin Sr 150, bid! Have you used that before to treat gad?

Wellbutrin is used to treat both depression and anxiety (since the two disorders often co-exist together) You may start noticing a change in about 3 weeks. It works on the dopamine and norepenephrine receptors. Mainly it is used for depression. It is not an addictive medication as a benzo would be. constant worrying/negative thinking/rumination can be one of the symptoms of depression.