Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
16045978

How do I know if I need to see a psychologist or a psychot

How do I know if I need to see a psychologist or a psychotrist?
Thanks for your question,

People normally see psychologists to get counseling for different types of personal problems or relationship problems, so if you are struggling in either of those areas a psychologist would be a great person to talk to. Psychologists also do mental health evaluations and make treatment recommendations. Some psychiatrists also provide these same services, but psychiatrists are also considered to be doctors and can prescribe medications for mental health conditions. Often times meeting with a psychiatrist is more focused on medication management and does not include the type of counseling that you would receive from a psychologist. Because of that, some people go to a psychiatrist for medication management and a psychologist for counseling, but of course that all depends on your reasons for looking into this. I hope that I've been able to answer your question, and if there is anything else I can do to help or if you need any more information please let me know.

Ryan

Hey there, I never heard back from you so I hope that I was able to help you out. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know, otherwise if you wouldn't mind leaving me a positive review I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ryan