Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

I would like to get a valium prescription. I am going through

Customer Question

I would like to get a valium prescription. I am going through an enourmous lot of stress. My was just laid off, I work part time and homeschool my children and really need to take a small amount for this period of time I am going through.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 1 year ago.

Heidi LPC :

Hi there... unfortunately, our site doesn't offer that service; you will have to see a Dr. in your area for a prescription. I hope that we can be of assistance at another time--- thank you for utilizing our site, and all my best to you!

Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience: Licensed Professional Counselor
Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems to be very hard to get that. I am now without health insurance, but when I had it, i asked for this as we are from argentina and I had been prescribed this before, very isolated basis, and they gave me something else. Much WORSE! I took one an evening and almost had a car accident the next day. But they would not prescribe valium. I do not understand why valium has gotten such a bad name and why we people who need something that destresses have to pay the price for those that abuse. Do you think a nurse at a CVS would be able to prescribe?

Expert:  Heidi LPC replied 1 year ago.

I think that it depends on the Dr. that you see. There are many choices of anti-anxiety medication, and although I am not an MD or able to prescribe medication myself, any Dr. who listens to their patient should be willing to work with them and try to meet their requests. I am not quite sure if Valium is among the prescriptions that a CVS clinic might be allowed to dispense; generally, they are allowed to prescribe antibiotics, etc... for the most general of ailments. I am sorry that we couldn't be of more assistance; I suggest that you call your local clinic and speak with the staff about that possibility. In the meantime, here is a link to some anxiety and stress-relieving techniques that might help you temporarily: http://www.helpguide.org/topics/anxiety.htm My very best to you!