TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

How long does a klonopin withdraw topically last

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Klonopin withdrawal depends very much on the dosage you are taking. The withdrawal must be very slow because the reaction can be strong if you try to go off the medication quickly. If you go off the medication too quickly, your symptoms from withdrawal can last over a year.

To go off Klonopin, it is recommended you do it under a doctor's care. You start by reducing your medication by 0.5 mg. You need to stay on the reduced dose for at least one week before you reduce it again by 0.5 mg. Then repeat the process. By using the dosage you currently take and reducing it by 0.5 mg increments, you can calculate how long it may take you to withdrawal completely.

I hope this has helped you,