Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, Trying not to be totally stressed by a task

Dear Dr. Keane, Trying not to be totally stressed by a task I have to do for my voluntary work that stressed me out last year. Trying to think about how it all worked out last year and got some help to complete the task by someone who actually knows how to use the computer system. Think this person also remembers last year too when I couldn't help but totally beat myself up and it became so obvious that was what I was doing. This time I am working hard not to end up down that road again, although not easy today to quell those anxious feelings but working really hard to. It's a part of the work that I don't do very often and certainly not in my paid work either, even the more experienced person doesn't like the system as it's hard to use for people not using it frequently. The sleep technique is helping. I am often not too bad if I have the odd sleepless night and doesn't happen very often but yes that night I really had taken a step backwards. I was reassured by you though. Hope you are having a good week.

Dr.Keane :

Glad you are doing your best to keep the "task" as stress free as possible. Remember this is a voluntary position and you are helping them, at least you can ask someone to help, that's a good thing.

Dr.Keane :

I am glad that the sleep technique is helping and that things are better this week.