TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Im arguing a lot with my husband, OKMH0417217

I'm arguing a lot with my husband, I'm trying to be sportive and not show my feeling about something that's really bothering me. Because his aunt just died on our last day of vacation, and I found out about the thing that bothered me the same time . I'm crying when alone, and I think it shows a little that there is something on my mind so he asked and I said its personal. I think I'm at beginning of a depressive phase again. I'm bipolar (2) I have anxieties and a phobia I'm getting treated for that , but since coming back didn't go to see my Dr. I'm taking my meds I take clonazepam can I take more than the dosage that the dr. prescribed NOW. I really need to do a lot o stuff today in the next hour or two .

Hello, I'd like to help you with your problem.

It sounds like you might need to do two things- see your doctor to be sure your medication is still effective. If you have upped your dose beyond what the doctor prescribed in order to cope, then you may need to be sure that you are getting the level of medications you need to help keep your symptoms under control.

Secondly, if you are not in therapy, now would be a good time to consider going. You need support and someone to talk with about what is bothering you. And since your husband is dealing with his aunt's passing, he may not be able to be there for you as he normally is. Having someone who can be there for you to listen and for support in the meanwhile can make a big difference.

You can also use self help to help you to feel better. Learning more about your symptoms and how to cope with them as well as talking to others through support groups can make a big difference in your stress level. Here are some resources to help:

http://psychcentral.c om/resources/Anxiety_and_Panic/Support_Groups/

You may also want to ask your husband to go to a session with you just to talk about how you both feel and to find new ways to support each other and communicate better so you don't find yourselves arguing as much.

I hope this has helped you,