Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt
19260254

interview a clinical psychologist

I am a student and I need to interview a clinical psychologist can you help me?

1. Name

2. Email or phone

3. Work environment

4. In what setting do you practice?

5. How long have you been practicing?

6. What are your areas of clinical focus?

7. How do you approach treatment?

8. What ethical and legal issues do you encounter?

9. Where do you think the field of psychology is heading?

10. What do you enjoy most about your work?

11. What advice would you provide an aspiring therapist?

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 1 year ago.

The JA site does not allow us to provide personal contact info.
To answer your other questions -

Name Rossi Davis (you may find me on amazon.com)

Email or phone NA

Work environment: Currently in Academia teaching psychology to college students

In what setting do you practice? Therapy in private practice

How long have you been practicing? 13 years

What are your areas of clinical focus? Child & Adolescent and family therapy.

How do you approach treatment? Short term solution focused treatment. It depends on each client's needs and ability to afford therapy as well as their motivation. Theoretical orientations- Cognitive, Existential, Jungian.

What ethical and legal issues do you encounter? Having to testify in court on behalf of minors ex. in custody dispute cases.

Where do you think the field of psychology is heading? Primarily in the area of forensic psychology or Industrial Organizational Psych as well as school psychology. But, school psychology is a bit different than traditional psychologist's work.

What do you enjoy most about your work? Independence and the ability to assist others in their journey through life. Encouraging others, sharing knowledge or simply being there for someone.

What advice would you provide an aspiring therapist? Research the most desirable employment opportunities in the area where you want to practice and find out what the compensation is and what the work entails. Get yourself on insurance panels. Don't have too high expectations of your clients. Meet them at where they are. Otherwise, you'd find yourself disillusional and possibly stuck. If you're not interested in research or psych testing, you can just get a therapist's license. It may cost you less for supervision fees. The insurance reimbursement is almost the same as for the psychologist's licensure. If you like teaching, explore that option. You don't need a license to do research or teach.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt