Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

How long does it take alprazolam to get out of my system? I

How long does it take alprazolam to get out of my system? I have a script but I have a job interview and don't want it to show up.
Thanks for your question.

Typically it takes 1-3 days for alprazolam to be completely out of your system. This is usually related to a person's body type, and people who are more thin for their height tend to process the medication more quickly. If you have a prescription for the alprazolam that wouldn't be a problem for most employers, so hopefully that would be the case in the event that it does show up. Some people believe that there are ways that you can speed up the process of your body processing this by drinking a lot of water or sweating a lot, but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of this being effective since it is unrelated with the way your body is processing the chemicals of this medication. I hope I've been able to answer your question and if there's anything else I can do to help please let me know.