Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor
65628425

I have lucid dreams but i had a backwards dream like watching

I have lucid dreams but i had a backwards dream like watching a movie backwards. Has anyone heard of this

Heidi LPC :

Hi there! I am hoping to be of some assistance to you here. Very interesting question... wondering what your overall feeling was during this dream and upon awakening?

Heidi LPC :

The reason I ask is that in many cases, any dreaming of this nature is indicative of a kind of a 'retrograde' situation in your life... a moving backwards or a backslide somehow. If you felt somewhat down, this might be the analysis that fits.

Heidi LPC :

It could symbolize that you are thinking about or actually taking a step back from a certain situation or retreating somehow in your thinking, as well in life.

Customer:

It was disturbing but I I am used to weird Dreams. It was odd because it was like a move being played backwards. I had acessed a part of my brain that would be i guess supernatural if one believed in that sort of thing

Heidi LPC :

And in interpreting a dream, the dreamer is the only one who can unravel the feeling involved... and the feeling is generally what is linked to a similar feeling one experienced while awake. Was this feeling one that you had recently experienced--- in life?

Customer:

No- I don't even remember the dream except that it was entirely backwards. Speech everything. My life and dream life is complicated but this was very explicit in that I was being show I guess what the power of the brain is. I am mostly interested in knowing if you have heard of this

Heidi LPC :

The times that I have heard of it generally involved medications or other neurological conditions, as they can have an effect on the mind both in waking and in dreams; you didn't mention any of this, but just something to keep in mind. I have heard of moving-pictures in this fashion... as well as speech... it generally leaves one feeling confused and can signify mental confusion otherwise, in some cases.

Heidi LPC :

Or emotional confusion, as I mentioned at the start...

Heidi LPC :

Stress has a huge impact on dreaming--- generally, the more stressed one is, the stranger the dreams will be, and more confusing to the dreamer.

Customer:

That works -I of course am not giving you enough info and you are googling stuff but it's an honest and fair answer. I just wondered if it was common as it hapenned to me and I'd never heard of it

Heidi LPC :

I cannot say it is something I hear a lot, but it isn't so rare that it never happens at all... I would be sure that if you are on any meds, that you check with your Dr. about the side effects; however, keep in mind that the overall feeling you are left with after a dream is a mirror image of a real life event or feeling that you experienced in your waking hours. It is a way of making sense out of the unconscious and subconscious thoughts and feelings we experience while our brain rests. It is a very interesting area of psychology to study--- you might just want to look into it for your own information :-)

Customer:

Thanks I do appreciate your help.

Heidi LPC :

Thank you for your question! And thank you for using the site!