Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I have a question I regards XXXXX XXXXX OKMH412211

Customer Question

I have a question I regards XXXXX XXXXX health and autism. I have bipolar disorder OCD and anxiet. I also wonder if I am autistic but if i am I function fine. Thus my first question is do signs of autism include hearing things differently than there are and does it also include seeing colors different from what they are. I do have a color deficiency charges problem with blue and purple. Finally my last question is. I have confirmed my ex is trying to get me on rape charges. I am 30 now and she is trying to say I raped her when we first had sex at 16 years old. I am already dealing with lawyers I regards XXXXX XXXXX so don't worry. But my question becomes if I were to use insanity I for the charges what would be the criteria for that. Could it be that my living arrangements and family abusers at the time was so extensive that I did not know any better and or realize she did it want to have sex. Plus if I am autistic and I missed a social that she did or want to have sex could that be a defense.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is true that people with autism are significantly less accurate at color memory than those without autism.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Those with autism also hear some things differently and are particularly sensitive to loud sounds.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

An alleged statutory rape that is said to have happened 16 years ago is a matter of he-said-she-said and would not be brought up in court. There may or may not me a statute of limitations as well.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You do have OCD, and that is why you are worrying about these issues which will never harm you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If your ex is verbally assaulting or threatening or harassing you, simply ignore her.

Customer: I will thank you
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Is there any other way I can help you?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

God bless you.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thank you for all your help. I am going to enjoy my Friday night But I have another question if I did ever go to trial and used insanity defense from the time of the alleged incident which was 16 years ago that does not mean I would still be insane Just at the time. Have you ever heard of that happening. I will be signing on here later to add money and I will tip you. Thank you very much
Dear Shawn,

There are pleas in court of temporary insanity. Since there are no corroborating witnesses to either an alleged rape or your state of mind at the time of the alleged rape, then this will never go to trial and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Since you are prone to obsessive thoughts (worry), this is part of the reason you are having these thoughts.

You have nothing to worry about. Please relax and don't worry about it any more if you can help it. There is nothing to worry about.

God bless,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last I don't think I mentioned that a few years ago I lived with a friend who recorded me talking about details of sex with this past girlfriend. Thes details could be used in court I believe. And people around me recently are mentioning rape even people at work saying things like Are you ready for your legal days and rape and i have confirmed she us following me around by I guess if there was going to be a case I would already know though. So I will focus on obsessing less maybe practice some more of my cbt and dbt skills Thanks
Dear Shawn,

You are very welcome.

It is highly unlikely that these old recordings, if the exist, prove that you actually did anything and cannot be shown to mean anything more than fantasy, wishful thinking, or exaggeration.

These old recordings of your rambling on about something that occurred many years ago still proves nothing.

You must take your mind off of this obsessive thoughts about non-existent threats. Use those CBT and DBT skills.

I shall keep you in my prayersl

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
You are quite welcome.

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have one follow up question can my therapist being I used drugs share medical in formation one with the police ect without my knowledge and with my mother who for lack of a better term and as much as I hate saying is very narcissistic and destructive and might I say convincing to people outside of the family and I believe she has manipulated my therapist and possibly her and my stepdad have off some doctors and law enforcement to label me worse than I am. I don't mean to insult therapist in general they have a tough job but money talks. Can they share my files without my knowledge The reason I ask is because I share little with my family a but when I do it somehow gets back to my therapist
Dear Shawn,

Your files are confidential. If your parents are your legal guardians, or if you have signed an agreement with your therapist that states that give the therapist permission to share your information with your parents, then the therapist can legally do it.

If you have not then the therapist can be sued AND can go to jail.

If your parents tell things to your therapist she or he cannot stop them, but should be smart enough to judge for herself.

You can and should discuss this with your therapist.

I hope that I have been helping you. Please let me know in words or with a positive rating. Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many times I have questioned if there is an investigation going on to my therapist even the first time I asked she had threatened me with meeting with crisis team and involuntary admission. I could see if I was constantly asking and bases sing but the only reason I have asked more than once is because of how I was treated when asked. does my therapist have the right to withhold info from me in regards to an investigation going on and is there anything I can do for them threatening involuntary admission when I did not need it such as legal remedies. I have been suggested to meet with a nursing home abyss attorney as they are familiar with involuntary admission
Dear Shawn,

You can demand to have a copy of your record and you SHOULD meet with the nursing home attorney to make sure that ALL of you rights are respected. You have a right to your records and to know what procedures or investigations (if any) are being perpetrated.

I urge you to call the nursing home tomorrow and make an appointment to see the attorney as soon as possible.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
God bless you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any law requiring her to tell me about an investigation or is it her choice
if she is investigating you privately, then alas, you have no recourse you cannot stop her and she does not have to reveal anything to you.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just started with a new cbt therapist and I loved it but I want to know if you know of any resources where I can get help with autism. I think I may have it and the more I look back the more I see some signs plus u always have had issues with ringing in the ears and other signs. Could you recommend a place where I live which is rochester ny and tell me of anyplace that CPUs help me with adult diagnosis adult treatment of autism
Dear Shawn,

I recommend that you go to The Autism Council of Rochester. You can learn about them and get contact information at:

http://theautismcouncil.org/

They will further guide and direct you.

I wish you great success,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I started with a new therpist for cbt and the theray is great. I do have one concern though. As I bring up issues to the doctor he offers scenarios to me. at first I did not relaize this but he has used scenarios that are very familiar to me. In fact, thing i have siad but not to him. I was covertly voice recorded and the things he mentions are thing I have said to friends. So it appears he has prior knowledge of me somehow. As you siad before he would not have to tell me if I was being investigated and he knew. Is there anything I can create for him to sign saying he has no knowledge of my past experiences. He said he does ot but he could have knowledge and not tell me correct?

Dear Shawn,

What you have told me is disturbing, if it is true. Who could be recording you and then forwarding the transcript or recording to your therapist?

A more likely scenario is that these are things that you may have said to other therapists, and these were entered into notes in your record, which he read.

If he is your private therapist then you have a right to ask him why he introduced the particular scenarios in question. They may be somewhat generic ones with which you identified and it made you think that they were more specifically associated with you when they were not really..

It the therapist is helping you, then that is wonderderful news and you should continue the treatment. It is perfect legitimate for you ask him questions about his technique and about why he has asked a particular question.

If a client asked me I certainly would respond honestly and I expect that he will too. A therapist must be honest and open and empathetic in order to be effective.

I am glad to hear of your progress and I shall continue to hold you in my prayers.

Warm regards,
Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The time I was recorded was before i started therpy with this therpist and my new therpsist did not send notes however. but for example my previous psychiactrist told me to ignor people on the road and at work who are harrasing me. I agreed, then at work people keep mentioning things real loud like "maybe if I ignor them" they will stop then followed by that will not work.

People around me also mention thretening the president including police officers that I have called to write reports of harrasment. There were two times when I said the president shodl be shot for 9/11 attacks ect. ( I love conspiracy things ect). and another time I was on the phone with a friend who said they can not do anything for saying things like "bomb, bush, whitehouse and then he laughed. Later I said the same thin gover the phone. Also during therapypeople have mentioned being on a national watchlist/ From your experience, can what I have said cause this? And can I legally record my therpapist in session

Dear Shawn,

In most places you can record your therapy session because it is YOUR right to privacy that is portected. Nobody else can record your session without your permission.

There are national watchlists and there is also a program done by computers to monitor phone conversations. Saying provocative statements can get you on a list.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/former-fbi-agent-says-all-phone-calls-us-are-recorded-government

I suggest that anything you think that may show your strong opposition should not be stated where they can be recorded, misconstrued. and can be used against you.

I wish you continued blessings and safety.

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are they allowed to harass people on this program, I have heard they can do this to "take down the person" in other words to bring them in

Dear Shawn,

Fourteen years have passed since this alleged statutory rape took place and you are not even certain about it, and were a minor child at the time (under 18).

There is a statute of limitations that has passed and I doubt that you can be charged with something that happened so long ago.

I believe that your treatment is only to help you.

You do not have to make any statements that may be incriminating. You are protected by the Fifth Amendment of the US constitution.

If I have been helping you, please give me positive feedback.

Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

last thing is, can i be kicked out of the country or exiled for something like this?

Dear Shawn,

You cannot be kicked out or exiled for this. I believe that you are very prone to compulsive worry. Do not worry here. Nothing like that will happen to you.

God bless,

Elliott.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

You are very welcome. Please relax and stop worrying. :)