Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Can emotional stress create balance problems ??

Customer Question

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about the multiple and serious issues your loved ones have been undergoing, and the impact they have had in your health.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Answering your question, I have to say that distress - or excessive/negative stress could easily create many medical problems of physiological nature, psychosomatic problems and issues related to your nervous system, which could affect any aspect of your physical health.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You have been wise getting necessary testing and medical evaluation in order to rule out medical problems, and are already receiving support at different levels, but you have not mentioned any form of psychological support, which seems to be of crucial importance in a scenario with so may challenges like yours.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Psychotherapy and counseling are the best professionals source of support for people to work on our psychological and emotional difficulties and problems related to any life issue. Stress could become a huge problem undermining people's mood, functioning, physical health, relationships and any aspect of life when excessive or distorted into dysfunctional patterns. It could easily lead to depressive and anxiety related disorders, and any other health problem. thus addressing core issues behind it and learning how to better cope with adequate professional support,, could make a huge difference in the way we feel and take care of ourselves and of those we care about.

Customer:

I did a year ago when dealing with just my daughter's melanoma- for about 4 months. Sounds like you are suggesting I should hook up with someone again.- Is that so??

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Absolutely, since this is about several chronic or long term life stressors, and you are reporting undergoing high levels of stress because of them, then it is necessary to have consistent professional support in order to better cope and take care of yourself, otherwise your integral health and well-being could continue to be impacted even more because of the intense impact from those tough situations.

Customer:

Okey, I really like having a professional to talk with and will get on that right away. Will get my primary doctor to refer another one for me. There was a turnover of psychologists at the last office, and the last one I did not feel could relate to me. She just came from a women's prison and was rough, tough herself- too much for me !

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I totally support you. Finding a good competent an empathetic professional in the mental health field is not easy, as it is not easy to find a good personality match, where you could feel comfortable, heard and truly supported. If a professional does not meet such core requirements, he/she would be helpless, so much better to look for a better fit.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please look for a professional psychotherapist with expertise in anxiety, depression and stresss management.

Customer:

Thank you so much. You have been a great help------------

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach