Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

I am a 36 yr old female. I have already been diagnosed with Major

I am a 36 yr old female. I have already been diagnosed with
Major depression, PTSD , borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorder
I recently have began to have a lot of paranoia with believes
Of being monitored by my x husband. I'm having a lot of other
Beliefs all of a sudden that is quite bothersome.
Do you believe that this would be a need of concern
To see a psychiatrist
Thanks for your question.

I can certainly understand your concern about this paranoia that you've been experiencing lately. Typically paranoia stems from anxiety, so having been diagnosed with anxiety disorder in the past as well as some of the other diagnosis that you have, it is very likely that these problems are behind this recent paranoia. If you are experiencing an unusually high level of stress, or have recently had your medication adjusted, those are some other common reason that these symptoms may be much worse than normal. Since you are on several medications and have several diagnosis', it would be best to see a psychiatrist. Sometimes a medication adjustment can make a big difference, but either way a psychiatrist should be able to accurately assess the situation and make any appropriate counseling recommendations so that you can start to get past these paranoid thoughts.

If you need some help in finding a psychiatrist close to your area there is a good website where you should be able to enter your zip code and find someone close by. If you need any help locating someone or if there is anything else I can do to answer your question or help you out, please let me know.