Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I would like to ask you OKMH44211postanswer

I would like to ask you abotu how can i decrease my stress level i think alot and its really difficult for me to sleep at night it takes 2 -3 hrs fo rme to sleep on the bed at night i want to over come to this situation i have stress i want to make my routine normal kindly help me out with this info Thank you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What do you think about during those two to three waking hours whilst lying in your bed?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You may respond by typing and then clicking Reply.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will give you several minutes and then I shall continue.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There are several things that you can do. It seems that you are suffering from a bit of anxiety or even depression and this is keeping your mind occupied.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Try to avoid all caffeine products except in the morning. Avoid other stimulants as well.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Engage in some light exercise (brisk walk) about 2 hours before retiring, if possible.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

After your exercise, take the following three herbal supplements (these are not over-the-counter chemical drugs or prescription drugs, but natural supplements:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

-5-HTP

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

-melatonin (regulates your circadian body rhythm or body clock)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

-valerian root (a plant root that promotes natural sleep).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Listen to relaxing music as you fall asleep.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you can change some of the lifestyle (including work or business) stressors you will have less to worry about as you try to settle into sleep.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you cannot reduce your stressful circumstances then you can chat with a counsellor who can help you to find coping mechanisms for the particular stressors in your life.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There are also also over-the-counter sleep aids sold under many brand names and containing the compound diphenhydramine (commonly called benadryl in some parts of the world). This can be used in moderation.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Finally, your doctor may wish to treat you for anxiety, either on the short term (with a low dose of the benzodiazepine drug clonazepam) or with something longer lasting such as bupropion (Wellbutrin).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Some doctors prescribe quetiapine (Seroquel) but this is a powerful antipsychotic and should probably be avoided. It will make you sleep, but has too many adverse affects.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The very best approach is always to try to locate the sources of stress and then deal with them through learning coping mechanisms.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me recommend a wonderful book available at amazon.co.uk. Here is the link:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success in finding the pathway to good sleep. The tips I have given you plus the wonderful guidebook should make a difference.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer:

I think about my future and hre and there than i finally stnad up and walk a bit and than get back to sleep i m also suffering from hsv 2 also i got alopeccia areta some dotors says i get alopecia areta due to stress so i really dont understand whats leading me nto to sleep good i have a very weak sleep even a clock can wake me up very consious sleep i have i want to sleep deep so that my body gets relaxed.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Some of your stress comes from worry about the HSV and you alopecia.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Did you know that HSV can cause hair loss?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here is an interesting article from a doctor who has HSV with hair loss. He tells how he cured it and strengthened his entire health system by changing his diet radically.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here is his story.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://users.accesscomm.ca/john/Herpes.html

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I trust that this additional information and the connection between HSV and hair loss will help you and your physicians.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Right now you must break the cycle of insomnia with the techniques and/or medications that I have mentioned before.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott