Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist

Hi What type of psychologist must I sent my child. Our

What type of psychologist must I sent my child. Our baby daughter(then 19 months) and her brother(then 6 years) had an accident last year where my baby daughters one feets toes all had to be ampetite. We sent my son to a psychologist in our small town but I can see that every time we must go back for check up or go to hospital he had a set back he is know in Gr 1 and the teacher show me in his work book every time I went with his baby sister to hospital that his work is not neat or not complete as the previous day. My eldest daughter (then 7 years) was never sent to a psychologist and did not show any signs but reasently is she very aggressive and very bossy with her friends and family. Her class teacher (she in Gr 2 now) even call me in about her attitude lately because she was always a pleasant child with good manners. Please just assist what type of psychologist is the best for them to assist them in this matter. Our nearest big town is Ermelo.

Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your daughter has been experiencing. It would be best for her to see a Child Psychologist, or a Licensed Therapist who is experienced working with children. If you have a hard time specifically finding a Child Psychologist, it may help to first contact a reputable Psychologist and ask them for a reference to someone they trust who works with children.

There is also a "Play Therapy and Parental Guidance Center" in Ermelo. Play therapy is one of the most effective ways of working with children, so this may be a great resource for your daughter. I've left a link here for more information on that center, and hopefully that will at least be a good place to start in order to find the most appropriate person to help your daughter locally. I definitely wish you the best with all of this, and if there is anything else I can do to help please let me know.