Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

My mind is racing and I think everyone is judging me. Also

Customer Question

My mind is racing and I think everyone is judging me. Also have thought of suicide.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Have you had any medications?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you feeling suicidal now?

Customer : No medication. Not suicidal now.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are your thoughts racing now?

Customer : I don't think I'd ever actually go through with suicide but I often think of it as a way out.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you feel up? Down? Still feel that you are being judged?

Customer : Not right now, more calm now, but this happens to me at night.
Customer : I always worry about that. At work, around family, around friends.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Does your heart beat fast? Do you get short of breath?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you feel that you are dying?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Just for a brief moment?

Customer : Yes and yes. Panicky.
Customer : Not dying. I know that it's all in my head so I try to talk myself through it.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

And heartbeats? Breathing? Fear?

Customer : Just general anxiety and worrying.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you taking an medications for this?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you getting any counseling?

Customer : No medication. I have been afraid to try medication. I recently started talk therapy to try and resolve issues I have with anger and depression but only made it 3 sessions before giving that up.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You cannot give up.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am not a big fan of medication but sometimes it is the best circuit breaker and lets you calm down enough to get a grip on yourself.

Customer : I'm trying to understand why my relationship with both of my parents is so bad. I try to talk to them about it and they are dismissive.
Customer : The suicidal thoughts are conjured out of anger toward them, like that would be the ultimate point to prove to them. That's how deeply angry I am with them.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You need to work this out with therapy. Even if you go by yourself, I suggest a marriage and family therapist.

Customer : I just worry that they won't be able to help me and that I'll always be this unhappy and self loathing.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You can't let fear of failure stop you from trying.

Customer : How can therapy help anger issues!
Customer : *?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It teaches you how to respond without anger, without creating a negative situation.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I hope that I have helped you and I shall leave this chat open in case you wish to come back later.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please let me know if I have helped or if I can be of further service.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my prayers.