DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of psychotherapy experience.

Hello my name is ***** ***** is a paranore schizophrenia,living

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** is a paranore schizophrenia,living with my sister,and he wont take his medicine,she is scared,and dont know what to do,he locks up in the room,the satate wont,do anything unless he hurts hisself or others,what do you think to do,my sister had him,taken away,and when he came back,she became the
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this topic. I've been trying to find a Expert to assist you, but sometimes finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected, as the Experts come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you! Camille - Moderator

Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I am happy to help you with your question. It sounds like you are mainly concerned for your sister's safety. Is there a reason why she cannot restrict your brother's access to her home? A condition to him living there could be that she gives him his meds or has a nurse come and do this. You may want to consider your brother's perscribing physician as the physician should know that your brother is not taking his meds and advise on how to proceed.