Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I so appreciate your helpful response. I live in an isolated

Customer Question

I so appreciate your helpful response. I live in an isolated property with my husband who has health issues. We went through a public arrest 10years ago which I did not know what he was doing. Hr
E was a principal and I a teacher. I worked another 6 years and the papers had torn us apart. I stayed with him. I am so lonely as my three children never call. I do not leave the house or want to get out of bed . I am getting many health issues. I have nightmares and paranoia from the past wit
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hi

Customer: Hi!I am available.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good.

Customer: Please let me know if I am supposed to be seeing something.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am sorry to know about the multiple health issues, depression, anxiety, isolation and the marital problems you have been undergoing for so long.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Can you read what I type?

Customer: Yes. Thank you.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good, I am so glad the chat interface is allowing us to communicate. many times it doesn't work fine.

Customer: It is fine now.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I cannot imagine how tough it could be to be in your shoes trying to cope with these multiple life issues, from physical and mental health problems to marital issues.

Customer: I think I would have offed myself if I did not have love for my family.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It's truly sad to know none of your children support you at all.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Staying isolated and without a meaningful and fulfilling life could never help people to rehabilitate from medical problems nor from depression, anxiety or from any other condition.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Your situation is truly sad, but the fact that you have taken this initiative to look for professional support shows your insight and willingness to work on making changes.

Customer: One has a stressful job in sp. Ed. I inner city Portland His wife is East Indian and involved in keeping her dad. One son is an underpaid so iCal worker married to a close to retarded woman who is tied to her mother. Their three children include a severely disabled seven year old girl. The daughter in Phoenix almost died from ovarian cancer three years back. My children were shocked at what their father did to the daughters step daughter. We are living with him losing his rights to leave the country or vote and the en
Customer: mbarrassment in front of the whole town.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That's very sad and painful, and only you know how it feels, unhappily there is nothing you could do to control what he chooses to do, and it is obvious he has made very bad choices in life and created not a good reality for him nor for those around him. But you need to focus on taking better care of yourself, that's your first right and need, make of it your first and priority too.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Now I see why the nightmares got that strong, with all these issues and stressors, and without any support, anybody in your shoes would get easily overwhelmed. Then the need to get regular psychotherapeutic support becomes obvious and I hope you get things not that hard finding the professional you need and deserve as we previously discussed.

Customer: When I read that I cry. I know it is true. I have found very few who qualify for a support group for being the hated child, finding out in your late fifties about a husbands sexual problems.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That cannot be easy, but the only thing you can do is to try to better cope and get around the best possible support, from people able and willing to help you, to professionals competent and caring enough to offer some good support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For chronic problems regular support is very important, since there are not easy ways to fix things, it is always a process, takes time, effort and good tools, and it starts by you allowing yourself to become truly and unconditionally gentle, understanding, compassionate and supportive with yourself, since it is from there that you would be able to cope and take good care of your rehabilitation process.

Customer: I am working up nerve to find someone strong enough to hear my story. The last therapist sent word through her husband that I could not be helped and did not even say goodbye. I am having some trouble forgetting that and getting up my nerve. Again thank you for your great support and advice.
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach