Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

Can a schizophrenic who has never been OKMH0320217

Can a schizophrenic who has never been treated with medications go into remission of their sychosis for a awhile and then have it come back, say in 6 months or a year. Please cite cases or literature that address this question if at all possible.

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Thank you for asking the question- the simple answer is YES- the majority of people with schizophrenia can go into remission from psychosis and have relapses.

Medication Compliance is key to preventing relapse in patients with this most serious mental health condition.

See attached for detailed information on citations:

I trust this serves to answer your question and wish you the very best.

Kindest regards, Bill

I appreciate your positive rating so that I receive credit for my time.

Thank you