Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist
63993671

Kind of a strange philosophical question, OKMH319211

Kind of a strange philosophical question, could need a doctor or even a psychologist- How can music help get men in the mood for sex and why they are even interested in listening to music during sex?

I would like to help you with your question.
Music has the ability to change our mood...when we listen to music we can easily be transported to a different emotional place and/or space. Music allows us to access our feelings from mad, sad, glad, joyful, ecstatic, and even sexual. Music can be an aphrodisiac! It can open up our senses so that we become more aware of our own bodies, touch becomes heightened, and we feel freer to express ourselves. Think about the act of dancing...when we dance we let our bodies be free to respond to the beat of the music, the lyrics, the sounds of various instruments. Sex is a sort of dance...and music can play the same role in both situations.
Music can also block out distractions. So if background noise bothers you or you have concerns about the noise of love-making...then music can serve a purpose in reducing that noise.
Let me know your thoughts...
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Awesome answer, thank you! Can you send an Answer so I can rate you? :)
I am pleased you found my answer helpful!
If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.
Thank you!