Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

hi, i have been addicted to ambien for quite some time. i

hi, i have been addicted to ambien for quite some time. i am a mother of a 3 month old and my addiction to ambien and alcohol has gotten worse since he was born. seems to be getting worse every day. i take up to 5 ambien a day and sometimes mix zanaz or klonopin with them. and then i will drink. i drink about a bottle of wine a night and the other night i started doing shots of whiskey in the middle of the day (i hate whiskey). i know i clearly have a problem and need help. im embarrassed to tell close friends or family and i do not want to go into an in patient treatment facility. i would do meetings i guess but i know i need help. im just not sure what course of action to take. i see a therapist sometimes but havent told her. her sessions are very expensive and i have no job so im trying to be careful with my money.

my question is, what do you think i should do to get treatment. i think i need to be supervised/given advice by a doctor because i'm messing with a lot of different drugs. i just got an rx for lunesta and will probably mix that as well.

i want to be well for my son and i dont want to OD. i feel like any day i may just not wake up.

iam in the new york are (brooklyn). do you know of any resources that are out there like meeting? or something for addicts who are mothers. like i said i know i need help right now before i spiral out of control and end up od'ing. i wonder if i can kick this habbit on my own somehow. please let me know what you think i should do. thank you
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about this problem.

I am attaching a link that lists all Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in the Brooklyn area. As you will see there are many meetings on every day of the week.

You need to ask about getting a Female Sponsor to help you.

I encourage you to contact he following number for additional assistance with questions you may have about specific meetings or women only meetings in the Brooklyn area.

CALL(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor assistance 24.7

If you have additional questions for me, feel free to respond, I am happy to help.

Kindest regards, Bill

I Appreciate your Positive Rating So that I Receive Credit for my time.

Thank you and my very best to you.