Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

How much risk of diabetes is there with Geodon if you already

How much risk of diabetes is there with Geodon if you already have borderline blood sugars? My fasting is 112. Sometimes spikes as high as 154 depending on what I eat.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am happy to help you with this.

There is increased risk for developing diabetes with some of the second generation medication but Geodon is not one of them.

Read the following link which addresses the risk of diabetes among this class of medication:

As you will see:

"Abilify and Geodon do not have a significant risk of metabolic syndrome and thus are not considered a diabetes risk (although the FDA has ordered all makers of antipsychotic drugs to include a warning about a possible link with diabetes on their product label)"

I trust this will help to clarify the matter for you and encourage you to address this with your Doctor if you have additional concerns.

If you have additional questions for me, feel free to ask. I am happy to help.

Kindest regards, Bill

I appreciate your positive rating so that I receive credit for my time.

Thank you