Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane, I have been doing deep breathing much more,

Dear Dr. Keane, I have been doing deep breathing much more, especially in the mornings and especially last week. I don’t know why I feel that is the way to react because I don’t mean to be so tense, I mean, it hurts as well to be so tensed up. As you rightly saw, I was okay with my schedule because I knew to be as busy as I was with a number off different things going on everyday and evening was going to be temporary. I did what I needed to do and what I had committed myself to do and did a fine job and it was quite good fun. It may be tiredness but I took awhile to recover because I still felt a bit tense at times after being so busy, but tiredness did go. Before you answered my post last week I was already trying deep-breathing but was so glad and very reassured by your reply because I got quite worried, too worried I suppose and unneccessarily. I hadn’t expected to react so badly. I of course feel rather silly now for reacting how I did. I admit I still have some tense feelings, not sure why, but they are subsiding. I am trying really hard to push forwards to get rid of the residue feelings. I wanted to write back to you earlier in the week after your kind response but there just seemed to be no time to do that as I seemed to have very little time to be on the computer. I hope you understand. I have been thinking of you though as Call the Midwife has just finished its season 2 run here, so I reckon you should get to see it soon. I’d be interested to see if you like it as much as the first season, I know I did. There’s a new series coming to the US soon, so I read. It’s a period drama in quite a number of episodes called Mr Selfridge which seems to be okay. It has finished its run here. I haven’t seen it all yet, still got to watch the half I have recorded. Also, I know it’s St Patrick’s Day this weekend so I wish you a happy St Patrick’s Day. I remember last year you confirmed to me that your surname was indeed Irish now like your maiden name was. Incidentally my surname is XXXXX XXXXX just thought I’d like to share that with you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr.Keane :

There are many people who feel tense by nature, at times worse than others. When I get tense I clench my teeth and it's only when I realize what I am doing that I start breathing to relax it. It happens. But it's just who you are, you learn how to relax and those tense situations are recognized and remedied. You are doing that, don't over think it. I am glad you enjoyed season 2 of Midwives, I am not sure when it starts up again here. I am looking forward to watching it. I will also look for the new series you spoke of and Happy St. Patricks Day to you too..

Customer:

Thank you for letting me know what happens when you tense up. That is kind of you, especially since that's a personal thing to you. I really appreciate it. I have just had a look around for you and I am fairly sure that Call the Midwife starts 31st March in the US. Looks that way anyway and they are doing a repeat of season 1 before that in mid-march.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.