Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I work a part-time job without benefits so I dont have "sick days", but I

I work a part-time job without benefits so I don't have "sick days", but I need a few days off because my anxiety is really bad lately. If I call in can my psychiatrist write me a note to excuse me from work for a few days, or can he not do that?
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about this problem with anxiety.

Typically, if you call your Doctor, they will write a brief note that you can give to your employer supporting the need to have a few days off due to overwhelming stress or other associated issues. THere is no harm in asking and I do this for my patients all the time.

Kindest regards, Bill