Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I think I have GAD. Sick of it. I am also menopausal and having hot flashes. I bit overwei

I think I have GAD. Sick of it. I am also menopausal and having hot flashes. I bit overweight too. A family member is on prestiq and doing really well on it. I am wondering if it would help me.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am happy to help you with this.

The most important thing to know about Pristiq is that it is not an anti-anxiety medication. It is an anti-depressant that is occasionally prescribed to people with anxiety. This is known as "off label" use, and it's a common practice with a variety of prescription anxiety medications.

Pristiq is a safe and effective treatment for hot flashes in postmenopausal women. The results show that Pristiq – effective and generally safe and well tolerated treatment for reducing the frequency and severity of hot flashes in postmenopausal women. During this period stops cyclic ovarian function and the woman becomes unable to implement the reproductive function.

Physiological and psychological changes that accompany menopause, depression appears to represent a major problem and is not fully understood. Many mood disorders are caused by estrogen deficiency occurring at menopause.

Changes in hormone levels have an important influence on mood.

At the moment, not yet realized the full investigation of Pristiq and this drug may be appointed only by the attending doctor.

Talk to your GP about the use of Pristiq. It may help you.

Kindest regards, Bill

I appreciate your positive rating as it is the only way I receive credit for my time in helping you.

Thank you