TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

This is for Kate McCoy."kate" people have verbally abused

This is for Kate McCoy.
"kate" people have verbally abused me in the workplace and it is happening right now from one of my neighbours in an apartment building. I do not know her and she does not know me. I wish to stop caring what others think. I worry that other people will think of me negatively. I also hold back from trying new activities in worry of what people will think.
There is a stop caring what others think subliminal at Can this subliminal CD help me or is there another program that is more effective than this that will help me to stop caring what others think?
Also are there any books that will help me to stop caring what others think? I have had trouble finding books on this subject.
Thank you Kate for always being there for me.
Hi! It's great to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. It is never easy to deal with people when they are trying to hurt you.

It is human nature to care what others think because as social creatures, we are made to try to fit into our environment. But there are varying degrees that people experience the need to fit in. Some people care very little about someone else's opinion and others care very much. Why this occurs is for a variety of reasons. But one reason you may feel as you do has to do with self esteem. The more we struggle with low self esteem the more we look outside ourselves to try to feel better. And when we are getting back messages that we are not ok, then it's easy to feel worse.

Subliminal CD's can make you more open to the suggestions they offer but they cannot get rid of the self esteem issues that are holding you back. So listening to them will not hurt you, but all they really do is open your mind to a certain direction of thinking. For example, if a subliminal message on the CD were to talk about feeling more confident, once you were awake you might be attracted to those things that suggest confidence. And that would help you. But the CD itself will not make you more confident.

Here is a list of resources that might be more effective in helping you gain self confidence and tune out negative messages from others:

Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem... by Matthew McKay and Patrick Fanning

The Self-Esteem Workbook by Glenn R. Schiraldi

What's Holding You Back?: 30 Days to Having the Courage and Confidence to Do What You Want, Meet Whom You Want... by Sam Horn

Self-Esteem Affirmations by Louise Hay

Self Esteem: Motivational Affirmations for Building Confidence and Recognizing Self-Worth (Louise L. Hay Subliminal... by Louise L. Hay

Let me know if you need more resources.

Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! I hope you are feeling better soon. If I can help any further, let me know.

Take care,