Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I have trouble lasting very long during sex. During masturbation

I have trouble lasting very long during sex. During masturbation I am pretty much in control,but with my wife I can't seem to last very long at all. It has caused problems in our relationship, and recently she has admitted to cheating because of it. I have also cheated, and it does not seem to be as much of a problem with other women.
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about this. It is not an uncommon issue and usually has its foundation in anxiety and stress.

Seeing that there have been problems in your marriage,this could be a factor.

What is most important is to first rule out any physical factors by talking to your Doctor.

Then in becomes a matter of working with a counselor to address this in great detail so you can work toward effective resolution.

As you may know, this is referred to as Premature Ejaculation and detail on this is contained in the following link.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002492/

IF you would like information on Experts in your area that can help with this, please respond with your City State and Zip Code- I am happy to help.

Kindest regards, Bill