Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice

Hello. My name is Kimberly. I am from middle river, MD. I

Hello. My name is Kimberly. I am from middle river, MD. I am currently receiving treatment and doing alright psychologically on medications, however, I have copd emphysema and have almost no voice ,making it hard to get to psychiatrist for meds and it is hard to travel. Is there another way to either get a psychiatrist online or a place close to me where traveling is alright and they won't expect so much speaking? The speaking is almost impossible. Thanks for any help.

Hi Kimberly! I'll be glad to try to help with this issue.

I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you. Psychiatry, even though it no longer is based on psychotherapy as is psychology but rather on prescribing medications, is still very much tied in to talking. Symptoms have to be described and questions answered.

There is no state that allows online examinations to be the basis of prescribing psychotropic medications, so that option is not available. We have to think of something more creative. I've been looking through my Linkedin and I see there's only one doctor in Middle River: Dr. Elsa Correa. She's 72 years old. I'll give you her phone number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN However, given her age, I'm not sure she'll be interested in what we need to try to set up for you.

However, there is a doctor who's 45 years old in Rosedale. Her name isXXXXX It says it's only 10 minutes away from Middle River.(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Now, my thought is this. If you can contact her, you might be able to use texting or email to work through most of the diagnostic questions she will have. I can't see avoiding at least one visit to her office because of legal requirements. However, if before the visit and/or after the visit you can do most of the diagnostic discussion between you via writing, that may be your best option. If she's really game, perhaps she'd be willing even during the one office visit to communicate in a written medium as well. But this would be your most practical goal, I believe, to minimize the talking required from you.

Here is her Linkedin page. If it saves you having to talk, perhaps you can set up your own Linkedin page and thus be able to contact her directly via Linkedin by writing and avoid the phone call to her office as well. Just a thought. Here's the link:

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX